Monday, July 25, 2022

Fitting In

 

New guy on the left.
I just finished up a group of models. A Heavy Intercessor Squad, and two Impulsors for my Space Wolves.  The Saboteur for my Genestealer Cult, and one big Avatar for the Space Aleves.

The fun part was getting the new figs to match the older ones. Fortunately, I actually wrote down the paints I used, and was able to find that notebook. The Citadel paint line has been fairly stable over the last few years so I only had to deal with minor variations with the paint lots. Unlike my poor Tyranids, who have had many model additions over the past three(!) decades. Their colors vary wildly as various paints were changed or dropped altogether.   

New girl in the middle.

The Saboteur has similar success. She fits right in with her Cult brethren. The only quibble is the textured paint on her base. I ran out of  it, so I will finish it after I restock. 

Old guy in the center.
The Impulsors were the easiest. I just had to match them to the rest of my grav-armor, toss on a few decals, and presto!  

later this year I will update/add to my Dark Angels and Tyranid armies again. I'm going to have serious color-matching issues with them I'm sure.


Go Sling Some Paint
Keep Good Notes!

No comments:

Post a Comment