Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Space Wolf Wednesday

 

Yet more Space Wolves. This does complete the army for now, and fills in a couple of operational gaps in the roster. First up is another HQ choice, but a really cool figure and pretty useful on the field as well: The Iron Priest.

Built straight out of the package, but given a darker blue/gray armor with a good amount of Mars red.

A slightly smaller Grav Panzer, but so much firepower. I went for the Valiant variant of the Gladiator.
All weapons are only 24", but that is eight shots of Anti-tank fury! For bonus fun I painted up the twin gatling cannon turret weapon, which can be easily swapped out.


Fast attack! This is what my Wolves had been missing. Flanking is fundamental. I liked both kits, but the Storm Speeder went together better than the Invader ATV.  To my surprise the Invader is a push-fit model, sometimes those don't seat very tightly and require some trimming of the pegs. I also had to dig up a base to put it on. All the other vehicles have a base so I thought it would be weird if it didn't get one. 

The one thing that does bother me about the Storm Speeder and the Gladiator is the lack of choices in outfitting them. There are three variants for each, but no mixing and matching turret/secondary weapons like with the Predator, Leman Russ Tanks, Repulsor, and others. I wanted my Gladiator to have Twin Gatling Cannon turret guns with sponson Multi-meltas! A minor quibble, but one that bugs me.

All very enjoyable to build and paint. Now I have to take a new pack portrait.


Go Make Something
Then Use it to Crush Your Foes



No comments:

Post a Comment