Thursday, April 30, 2020

Backlog: Bone Tithe Nexus

As most of us do, I have a mighty Pile of Shame. It is sub-divided into three sections: Primed, Built, and Still in Box. You know how it is, see something new and cool, must have it!

Then maybe build, hopefully prime if the weather/mood/Warp/primer is correct and stars in alignment...annnd new sexy project comes along before you get any paint on the boxed/built/primed stuff.

Then repeat. The Mountain of Shame grows!

It is a fine time to clean out my blacklog of models that have been primed, but have been sitting, for a long time. I started with one that hasn't waited that long, but is thematically linked to my AoS Skeleton Army and World Eaters, the cool and creepy Bone Tithe Nexus! It's got enough skulls to make Khone Himself give the S'up nod.

It took me far longer to figure out what colors I wanted to paint it than it took to actually paint. The body of the statue gave me the most problems. Is it all stone? Bone? I wound up doing a mix.
                                      

 The wooden barrels take it a little out of the 40K aesthetic, but I think it will work just fine in the battlefields of the Grim Dark .
 Next: More World Eaters

Reduce The Pile
One Skull at a Time

2 comments:

  1. Uhh.... damn. That's awesome - really nice work!

    ReplyDelete