Friday, December 13, 2019

Imperial Eagles

Imperial Aeronauctia, 2019 2nd edition (which will now be known as IA19) was released a few months ago, and I have gotten around to painting the warplanes of the Grim Dark.

I'll do a proper review of the game and its history in a week or so, but today I'm just showing off my Imperial aircraft.

Manufactured in plastic and about 40% bigger than the older resin Forge World models, these new planes are great looking and fun to build with a good selection of ordnance to hang under the wings as well. Well mostly, the Marauder and Thunderbolt come with lots of extra weapons, which you will need because the Destroyer doesn't.

I made and painted scale model aircraft before 40K took over my hobby time, so this was a fun return to that. This is the finished camouflage on them, next I will do some washes, and squadron /ace markings.


I was on the fence for a while about painting the bases. I didn't want to mask off the dials, but after some fiddling with then I discovered how to take them apart without breaking them. So black spray paint and some details for all the bases! They look nice and make the arcs really clear.

Next: Orks in the Sky!

The Emperor Protects
Something, Something, Danger Zone!


No comments:

Post a Comment