Friday, June 20, 2014

Three Shades of Red

Blood Angels and Eldar vs. World Eaters, an all red army fight! I brought 3000 points of my favorite decapitation enthusiasts up against 1500 points of Mrs. Blackheart's Eldar and 1500 points of Matt's Blood Angels. My list was battle Forged and included the Lord of Skulls, The non-chaos side of the table both tried Unbound lists for the first time.

I wanted to give daemon summoning a try, but as we all well know Khorne has a thing against psykers.  I took a level 3 psyker with only Daemonology-Malefic powers. My fluffy tap dance was that the World Eaters had captured a Psyker and had brought him around to their way of looking at things. Now they use him just as a way to bring forth their friends from the Warp. And that he did. Big time.

Lots of heavies in this battle with a very low infantry count on both sides. Of course I had almost 1/3 of my points tied up in a single model.
I did a fair job of killing things for the first two turns, but theTactic cards did not favor me, but the Psychic phase sure did. I summoned Bloodletters on turn one and pack of Bloodcrushers on turn two. Fun times with the Warp. Sadly I missed the bright red Furioso hiding in the ruins who popped out and slaughtered the entire pack of ten Bloodletters with the magic of Blood Talons. That's okay, plenty more where they came from!
My newly painted Heldrake arrived in spectacular fashion. Killed a Vyper with a vector strike attack and then flamed five Dire Avengers and the Farseer. The Blood crushers charged and wiped out a unit of Guardians. Things were looking great for the slightly-darker red guys.
It wouldn't last. I charged the badly damaged Wraithknight with my Defiler hoping to finish it off and keep my momentum going. It didn't work out like that. The Wraithknight put the beat down upon the Defiler. Then came The Blood Angels and Eldar's turn.

With a shot for the ages, the last Vyper took its snapshot and hit my Heldrake with a bright lance. Then Mrs. Blackheart promptly rolled another six to put it down. Arrgh.

For an encore, the five Dire Avengers dropped the Blood Crushers in a hail of Shuriken fire. After Matt's attacks from a pair of Land Raiders, a Predator, and a fire support Dreadnought all I had left on the right flank was the badly damaged Lord of Skulls. Next turn the Lord of Skulls killed the Wraithknight and chopped up a Land Raider but it was not enough. The Lord of Skulls fell to a mass of firepower, leaving only a smoking crater.
I had rallied a bit in VPs, but still was behind at the end. Victory to the non-Chaos Reds. Now they will have to fight it out to see whose red is supreme!

A good game. We are enjoying the more open style that is 7th edition. We did come up with a house rule regarding Tactics cards. If you get a card that is impossible to achieve you get to discard and draw a new one. By Impossible we mean never possible, as in your opponent did not bring any fliers, or you had no Psykers to start the game with.

The Emperor Protects
And looks good in red.

No comments:

Post a Comment