Friday, January 22, 2016

Something Big on the Way

Well, somebody here did a silly thing. An incredibly awesome thing. Warlord Jeff bought a Mars Class Warlord Titan from Forge World. Yuuup. The pinnacle of 40K giant robots, and he has given it to me to bring to life. I can't say I didn't squeal like a schoolgirl, because that wouldn't be dignified.

It is currently on backorder, apparently Forge World is selling them at a good rate, and the kit takes a lot of time and effort to manufacture, no big surprise there.

I have built a Thunderhawk and a Warhound, and those were serious and often frustrating efforts. The Warlord is about four time the mass of a Warhound. It will be a heck of a thing. Be assured the titan-sized task of its construction and painting will be covered here. I'll try and keep the profanity and crying to a minimum.

The God-Machine Protects
Oh my, yes

4 comments:

  1. Good to see another Warlord on the go. There's some great stuff out there for build advice, Aguardsmansguidetoglory and WeeMen being my favourites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm going to need all the help I can get.

      Delete
  2. A bold move for Warlord Jeff, but kind of expected since they've toned down the Space Wolves so much. He had to find a new way to cram 3000 points into a single model.

    (and--wow!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow indeed. The new stats for the Warlord are nightmarish for any who oppose it. As it should be.

      Delete