Friday, December 9, 2016

Almost There

Decals are done, arms have been epoxied, and all smaller parts are attached. The only step left is left is to put all the big parts together. I'm kinda terrified.

That will happen later today, so on Monday there will pictures of a (hopefully!) complete Warlord Titan. It will still need some touch up paints and a final dullcoat, but damn this has been a hell of a project.

As I have said before, I want one of the main weapons to be a Gatling Blaster.
Forge World has yet to produce one but I want to be able to swap it in once they do. I though of a few ways to temporarily mount the Volcano Cannon. Magnets and pinning being the first two. I ruled both those out for practical reasons. I know, heresy against the magnet gods, but the size of the magnet required vs, space available was not a good match. I have gone with...
Yes Velcro! That technology that that we got from the Roswell aliens. Or something like that. I cut some pieces down to fit and damn if it doesn't work.
 Well, mostly. I still had to put some thin cardboard shims along the sides to keep it snug, The end result is a solid mounting that will keep the heavy gun in place for the time being.

All Praise The Machine God
And Maybe the Velcro Aliens Too... 


  1. Go Go Go! Home stretch now buddy!

    If you want an alternative way of fixing the weapon arms, take a look at my blog under the Warlord Tag.

  2. Velcro! It really is a miracle space-age fabric!