Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Quick Tau Picts

And ready for battle.
I managed to force some painting time into my overloaded schedule and I am happy with the result. I've said it before, I'm a gamer, not a painter. It only took three tries to find the right paints I used on the rest of my Tau army. I should have written that down somewhere. I have a battle against Matt's Tyranids later tonight so I will get to try out the Riptide for the first time.

Now with 85% less chance of ankle snapping.
I assembled the lone Broadside I was able to get, and sadly, I really like it. Now I need two more. The kit went together really smooth. I am a little sad that unlike the Riptide, there is really only one pose. I can live with that. Twin plasma rilfes or smart missile system, three head choices, a few different antennae/sensor thingies, a shoulder-mounted seeker missile, and two drones of three types give the kit plenty of options.
The new Broadside has a heavier feel to it, like it is a dedicated heavy unit and not just a normal Crisis suit with heavy weapons added. It is a great update to Tau the line.
Next up, battle report, Tau vs. Tyranids.


For the Greater Good
With Greater Battle Armor

2 comments:

  1. Wow. I didn't realize the new Broadsides had that extra bulk to them. Very, very nice model. All the new Tau stuff is looking...

    No, no, no. Don't need a new army. Nope.

    ReplyDelete
  2. New army? You already have some members of the Tau Empire. It just needs some expanding...

    ReplyDelete