Wednesday, May 20, 2020

World Eaters Wednesday for May



Armored might. It's not all about Chainaxes (It totally is) Some days you have to kill other armored fighting vehicles and/or monsters at range. Or you would like to get across the field faster than running. Or maybe I just like tanks. Blood colored ones with spikes and skulls are clearly the best kind.

In the beginning, there was Kristine. I wanted a Land Raider to be the center point of my growing World Eaters army. I had tried to find the older plastic kit, but they were not available anymore and this was the dark ages of the internets. The one I did have was already painted in Dark Angels green. So, I had to wait a few years for the brand-new Land Raider. It was worth it.

                                                               Moddeling for advantage question regarding Landraiders - Page 5 ...
She has been upgraded a few times over the years: a few more skulls, metal Khorn icons, resin Forge world doors, more spike and skulls, paint touch-ups, and a few more skulls. Now that we can put different units in a transport, I normally take a 5-man squad of Berzerkers plus my three HQs to make the unholy number Eight, just for fun.
Waaay back when GW had Games Day, I picked up some metal extra armor packages for Predator/Rhino tanks. The two Predators and the Vindicator are mostly metal, and indeed very heavy.
Which brings us to the Rhinos. The fastest way to get forty crazed butchers to the enemy.
I had painted up three for the World Eaters, but just added a fourth one out of leftover parts.
This armored battlegroup forms the core of my World Eaters army. It suits my style of play very well, I don't always win, but I do have a good time with this force.
Next month on WEW, Daemon Engines and other stuff.

Blood for The Blood God
Lascannons too


2 comments:

  1. The color is correct, but not the iconography.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's because these are real marines. Not emo space vampires with good hair.

    ReplyDelete