Friday, August 30, 2019

This Old Warhound

My dear old Warhound is 11 years old. It still sits proudly in my display case, but next to my Warlord Titan, it looks...a bit dated. Painting during my real-world Tactical Color phase, it suffers from a downright boring paint job. No contrast, small unit markings, just not nearly enough Warhammer to it.

Not to mention it needed dusting. At which point the right weapon-arm fell off. That was that. Time for a do-over! I made the easy choice of staying with Legio Gryphonicus to match my Warlord.

Stripping the paint off was out of the question. Old resin would make that endeavor far too risky. So I carefully popped some of the parts off to facilitate painting, thinned down some Grey and put on a few very light coats, which covered well and didn't get thick.
I hated painting yellow. Even more than white. But not any more! Averland Sunset is a great paint and color. I prefer the minimalist, older War Griffons paint scheme. Yellow on the head and weapon mounts.
Some bold unit markings, detail work on the weapons, and a wash, presto makeover!
I had some decals left over from my Warlord, and they add a nice finished touch to the beast.

Overall I am very pleased with Lupus Magnus's rebirth. Now to find something to fight...


Cry Havoc, and Let Slip the Hound of War!
Or Something Like That.

No comments:

Post a Comment