Friday, February 23, 2018

Heavy Metal Thunder

The armored fighting vehicles of my Imperial Guard are finally finished. Today we will take a quick look at the heavies.

Two Baneblades and a Shadowsword make up the 1st Company. One of the Baneblades is the first Forge World model I bought way back in the mid '90s, a Lucius Pattern. It is a bit chunkier than the modern plastic one, and a great deal heavier, but I kinda like it a bit better.
Solid hunk of resin!

I had a good time (re)painting these monsters, they got my "standard" decal job, and I am quite please with them. They make up a Lord of War Detachment and with a small Guard Infantry Detachment the force comes to a nice 100PL. Time to find someone to crush, um, play with. Battle Report soon!

Victory is Achieved Through Mettle.
Glory is Achieved Through Metal.
Or Plastic and Resin




2 comments:

  1. Have you ever done a post on how you did this cool new paint scheme? I remember seeing one about the changeover from your old camo pattern, but nothing like a loose step-by-step.

    ReplyDelete