Thursday, November 26, 2015

Tau in Action

I've managed to get in three games with my Tau. They did very well, shooting up Blood Angels, Orks, and Eldar. Still lost two out of three games on victory points. That is one of the things I really like about the Maelstrom of War missions. Objectives really count. 

The Tau are still very bad at Hand to Hand, but to be fair, few armies can stand up to twenty Striking Scorpions AND their Phoenix Lord being dumped in their lap. Stupid jinking Wave Serpents.

Shooting is still the Tau's game, and they can bring a lot of heat, especially when I remember to use the makerlights in the correct order. Commander Longstrike is my current favorite, perhaps a bit overpriced, but he is a great Tank Killer. Taking Hammerheads in a squadron of three is something I haven't tried yet. I do like the +1 BS boost, but not having split fire is a little worrisome. Oh sure, you will do a lot of damage to the unit you are shooting at, but it is still only one unit. I will give a try in my next game.
I only picked up one new model in this go around, the Coldstar/Enforcer Command suit. It is a excellent kit, and a welcome addition to my army. Makes the boss really stand out. While I am a huge fan of Mecha battlesuits, the large Stormsurge unit did nothing for me. I would rather have another Riptide or two. Hmm. That's a good idea...

For the Greater Good!
Just Stop Charging us!

2 comments:

  1. For those of us running a bit behind... Is that the Coldstar suit up front in the first picture?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Close. It is the Enforcer Command suit, it is the other choice in the Coldstar Box set. The Coldstar has a fixed weapon loadout and some cool looking flying vanes, otherwise identical.

    ReplyDelete